Re: GPT BIOS boot

31.05.2019 18:39, U'll Be King of the Stars пишет:

Well, you could, but I doubt that would work - it isn't wise to lie
to the system...   But it works with drives that really have 4K sectors.
Sorry, I do not get it: how can I know if the disk has 4k sectors, andd
if it does, how can I rework the disklabel so that it can describe a 6
TB filesystem?

I asked this question long ago and we found that this is lot of
work which will be quite useless in face of dk(4) wedges and GPT.
As I remember mostly because of lot of 32-bit code in it.

Is this really needed? I have several production boxes with
and without RAIDframe on 2Tb+ HDD both with BIOS and UEFI
loaders and see no problem using wedges or LVM.

On Linux there is a tool called `hdparm` that gives this sort of
information.  Does this exist on NetBSD?  If not, what would its
equivalent be?

Take a look at atactl.

[root@gloria kab00m]$ atactl wd1 identify
Model: WDC WD30EFRX-68EUZN0, Rev: 80.00A80, Serial #:      WD-WMC4N2552097
World Wide Name: 50014EE059269477
Device type: ATA, fixed
Capacity 3001 Gbytes, 5860533168 sectors, 512 bytes/sector
Cylinders: 16383, heads: 16, sec/track: 63
Physical sector size: 4096 bytes