Re: GPT BIOS boot

On 31/05/2019 16:00, Emmanuel Dreyfus wrote:
> Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost> wrote:
>
>> Well, you could, but I doubt that would work - it isn't wise to lie
>> to the system...   But it works with drives that really have 4K sectors.
>
> Sorry, I do not get it: how can I know if the disk has 4k sectors, andd
> if it does, how can I rework the disklabel so that it can describe a 6
> TB filesystem?

On Linux there is a tool called `hdparm` that gives this sort of
information.  Does this exist on NetBSD?  If not, what would its
equivalent be?

In a pinch I use `fdisk` to get this information on Linux.  But I'm not
sure whether the information it yields is canonical truth.  I'm starting
to use `cfdisk` and `parted` more often on Linux -- precisely because
`parted` helps with exactly this very issue of alignment.

Andrew
--
OpenPGP key: EB28 0338 28B7 19DA DAB0  B193 D21D 996E 883B E5B9