Re: GPT BIOS boot

On Thu, 30 May 2019 11:58:39 +0700, Robert Elz wrote:
[booting from RAID1 on gpt]
> We really need the boot code to read the GPT tables, find the right
FFS/raid partition, and get
> the offset that way - reading GPT isn't hard, recognising FFS/raid is easy,
and testing
> the "bootable" flag is trivial, so (unlike actually dealing correctly with
> raid in all its possible forms) this would be entirely reasonable to add to
boot.

I fully agree, and do not think hardcoding offsets into filesystems is
something that NetBSD should do.

Cheerio,
hauke

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-21344