Re: mutt and gpg2

On Tue, 7 May 2019, Greg Troxel wrote:

I suspect this is a disagreement about whether GnuPG 2 should be installed as gpg2, or be just gpg. pkgsrc still has 2 as gpg2.

I would think the ink is by now very, very dry on the decision to go with gpg and gpg2, as in pkgsrc. <g>

The package could then patch the gpg.rc file to refer to the right gnupg executable.

That's what I did. The gpg.rc file ships in the mutt package. I renamed mine gpg2.rc, changed all the references to gpg2, and changed the .muttrc include statement. Seems to work okey dokey.

I found a neat discussion of an exotic gpg problem here:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/GnuPG#"Lost"_keys,_upgrading_to_gnupg_version_2.1

All best,

--
These are not the droids you are looking for.