mutt and gpg2

If built from pkgsrc mutt requires gnupg2. The supplied
executable then is 'gpg2'.

On the other hand, among the documents that ship with
this mutt is the highly useful 'gpg.rc', which is
easily included into one's .muttrc.

Problem: The latter is writeen in terms of 'gpg', not
'gpg2'.

Is there a (pardon the expression) NetBSD-kosher method
for overcoming this disjunction?

Aside: my personal bag 'o kludges has some symlinks in
it, but I know sooner or later they will come a cropper
on some system check. I get caught every time. (I have
one involving fonts I want to talk about some day.)

All kidding aside, I know too that I can just install
gpg version one, but I keep thinking, "They must have a
reason for shipping gpg2 with mutt..."

Thank you,

--
What can be asserted without evidence can be
dismissed without evidence.