Re: regression w/latest dhcpcd?

On Mon, 29 Apr 2019, John D. Baker wrote:

> Analysing it may be tricky as I'll have to use the cross-gdb on the
> build host and point to the corresponding debug symbols in the
> build DESTDIR.

The timestamp on the core file seems to be just before it was next due
to renew the lease.  Loading a cross-gdb shows:

Reading symbols from /r0/build/netbsd-8/DEST/i386/sbin/dhcpcd...(no debugging symbols found)...done.
[New process 1]
Core was generated by `dhcpcd'.
Program terminated with signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
#0  0x0002005b in dhcp_handlebootp ()
(gdb) bt
#0  0x0002005b in dhcp_handlebootp ()
#1  0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

If/when it happens again, I'll see if that core is the same.

Off-list I've received a suggestion that perhaps disk/CF errors could be
involved.  A possibility, as its been in service a while now, even with
the "noatime" mount flag, albeit also with the "log" option.

|\ / jdbaker[snail]consolidated[flyspeck]net  OpenBSD            FreeBSD