Re: max users

On Sat, 27 Apr 2019, JP wrote:

> is there a maximum number of users that can be logged in at a given time?

config(5) says there is no such limit.

Linux has a pam way using limits.conf. FreeBSD could use inetd to spawn
sshd with a inetd.conf "max-child" option. I don't know of an existing
NetBSD way for ssh logins. Ideas could be: add some PAM feature to
record logins and honoring it; or add a "max-child" option to inetd and
use it to spawn sshd.    But why the limit? Explain your use case and
maybe we can provide a different solution.