Re: netbsd : internals : bach book : good to start-off?

On Mon, 22 Apr 2019 11:17:39 -0700
"Greg A. Woods" <woods%planix.com@localhost> wrote:

> There is a actually a book that very nearly focuses on early NetBSD (and
> FreeBSD, before they diverged so much), and that's McKusick, Bostic,
> Karels, and Quarterman's "The Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD
> Operating System", published 1996 by Addison-Wesley.

+1 for that book. I knew nothing about kernel programming before
reading it; afterwards I ported a driver from OpenBSD to NetBSD without
trouble. It "demystified" the kernel enough that source code and man
pages were enough answer any remaining questions.

--
Aaron B. <aaron%zadzmo.org@localhost>