Re: Alternative DVCS to git: hg?

Sad Clouds <cryintothebluesky%gmail.com@localhost> writes:

> Does it actually need to be distributed? If no, then what's wrong with
> Subversion? Personally, I can't stand Git.

I think any open-source project needs a distributed VCS, so that people
without commit bits can fully prepare changes.  With CVS, and it would
be the same, people send patches, and they often lack commit messages,
and sending them means going out of tool.  With git and similar, anyone
can publish a repo, and/or can export a commit so that it can be merged
as is.