Re: how to use netbsd with ubuntu?

Am Freitag, 12. April 2019, 12:03:41 CEST schrieb Stephen Borrill:
> How is X support with a NetBSD dom0 nowadays?
I did not used X on NetBSD Dom0 byself (but on Linux few years ago - until
the proprietary NVidia driver of my book att collided with Xen that days).

> X works fine but Dom0 is limited to a single core.
If i remember correctly, one further option should be to run your "main/work"
NetBSD as a (further) (PV) DomU to with PCI Passtrough or similiar to provide
the graphics card natively to - but it's a bit tricky to run/setup afaik as
the display is domU then.

"Xen VGA Passthrough"
https://wiki.xenproject.org/wiki/Xen_VGA_Passthrough

"Setting Up A Xen Graphics Card Pass-Through"
https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTA3NjA

> If it works, the with judicious use of, say, ssh -X/-Y you could make
> it seemless to run chrome from a VM and use NetBSD as the X server.
i think / would try so. The DomU does not require graphic card for this
(headless) which is even easier to run as a (fast/slight) PV DomU.

hth a bit,

niels.

--
 ---