Re: Mailing list manager on NetBSD

On Wed, Jan 09, 2019 at 07:19:41AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> > I'm not sure if it is in pkgsrc but mlmmj is nice.
>
> Thanks. Seems to be a successor of ezmlm. But looks like it is not
> constrained to work with qmail like ezmlm.
>
> Seems to be in pkgsrc-wip. For a production use I'd tend to have a little
> bias towards pkgsrc.
>
> Still, are there things with mlmmj that you can mention as specific likes?
> I'd even look at slimness and compact resource footprint as pluses.

Some more search shows that simplicity and resource footprint are indeed
the things people like about mlmmj.

Given the liking of this community for such attributes, I wonder how mlmmj
managed to lurk around in wip so long! IMO it should get an entry into
pkgsrc.  I noticed TODOs in wip and the release looks a bit old. Will try
to work with the maintainers.

But one of the major limitations, as far as my requirement, is its lack of
web archive. There is no builtin feature though there are different
projects (mentioned in mlmmj documentation[1]) that produce a web archive.
Guess, that would need another wip project.

Mayuresh

[1] http://mlmmj.org/docs/readme-archives/