Re: Booting NetBSD 8 install image on PC Engines apu2d4 via serial console goes blank

On Sun, Dec 30, 2018 at 2:28 PM J. Lewis Muir <jlmuir%imca-cat.org@localhost> wrote:
> Thank you very much for your help!  I pressed 4 (Drop to boot prompt) which gave
>
>   type "?" or "help" for help.
>   >

> where I typed
>
>   consdev com0
>
> but after that, the boot prompt is nonresponsive, and anything I type
> is not echoed. :-(

Hmm, based on

  https://mail-index.netbsd.org/netbsd-users/2016/12/09/msg019118.html

I tried disconnecting my serial terminal client and changing the baud
rate to 9600 and reconnecting, and then it worked!

I typed "?" and got the boot prompt help message, and then I typed
"boot", and the installer booted!

It would be great if there was a more elegant solution, but this is a
minor inconvenience, and I won't often be doing an install from the
serial console.

Thanks a million!

Lewis