Re: Issue mounting USB mass-storage drive

Michael van Elst <mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost> writes:

> On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 09:19:39AM -0500, Brad Spencer wrote:
>> mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost (Michael van Elst) writes:
>> > It should only happen after some larger uptime when kernel memory
>> > might be too fragmented.
>>
>> I see this with a USB CDROM drive on a Xen DOM0 with no USB3 involved.
>> I have to take to keeping the drive hooked up when the DOM0 boots in
>> order to get it to work.  It did not take long uptime for this to fail
>> for me after boot up.
>
> The Dom0 is probably more demanding and fragments memory quickly. So
> yes, keeping the drive hooked up when booting is necessary.
>

> Greetings,

I am sure that this is a big part of the problem.  The USB2 system that
does this all of the time for me has a high guest / CPU ratio and a
pretty small amount of DOM0 memory.  My USB3 DOM0 systems never seem to
have this trouble, but they are also more -current and have a much
smaller guest / CPU ratio and a lot more DOM0 memory.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org