Re: is powerd supposed to work any more?

Ahhh... let me recant that.  I think that error came from me commenting out the shutdown command in the powerd button script, when I put the shutdown command back the laptop actually shutdown on a power button press but there is no indication that the lid switch event is happening.  I will try some more debug to see what I can find.