Re: is powerd supposed to work any more?

blymn%internode.on.net@localhost (Brett Lymn) writes:

>That is good to know... it doesn't seem to work for me, when I press the
>power button I get:

>[  1647.780628] ACPI Error: No installed handler for fixed event - PowerButton (2), disabling (20180810/evevent-330)

We install an event handler for PowerButton unless ACPI declares the
machine as 'Reduced Hardware' or some other error prevents ACPI
initialization to complete.

'Reduced Hardware' is a flag in the FADT (Fixed ACPI Description Table).
                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost