Re: Sun widget

On Fri, Nov 30, 2018 at 12:21:46PM -0700, Don NetBSD wrote:

> It is *exactly* one-to-one.  I.e., it's just a 3 inch "extender cable".
>
> Perhaps to make the tightly spaced network connectors on the rear of
> the box more accessible to folks with fat fingers?  (That seems
> ludicrous).

I have seen that sort of thing used in test environments where connectors are plugged/unplugged frequently.  You don't want to wear out the on
board connectors which are hard to replace so you make a sacrificial cable. When the connector wears out then you can replace it with a new
one. Is it possible the netra was part of some automated test system?

--
Brett Lymn
"We are were wolves",