Re: Recommendations for small router?

On 26/11/2018 03:54, Santhosh Raju wrote:

Have you had a look at https://pcengines.ch/apu2.htm

More specifically https://pcengines.ch/apu4c4.htm The APU4C4 is quite
nice in terms of specifications and it meets almost all of the
requirements that you have mentioned. For storage you can use SD cards
or even better mSATA drive.

The cost comes to ~120 USD with the board and enclosure (shipping cost
not considered).

The only thing I have not tried out is NetBSD on the APU, however I
have tried out other BSD flavors and they did work quite well.

I have one of these. The msata needs needs a small patch (needs an entry in the quirks table to be properly recognised as an ahci controller) but other than that it seems to work. No stability issues using sdhc as the system disk.

I have come across some threads in the mailing list with slower than
expected network transfer speeds in APU2 (but this was with NetBSD
7.0), I am not aware of the current status of NetBSD 8.0 on APU2.

Haven't benchmarked the network throughput but it has 3 intel gigabit ports using msix when running on 8.x so it ought to be fairly quick. If someone can suggest some simple to run throughput tests I'll give them a try. :)