Re: Poor raidframe reconstruct performance on 8-stable

mpumford%mudcovered.org.uk@localhost (Mike Pumford) writes:

>> I'm seeing a write speed of 7MB/s which means my 2TB reconstruct is
>> going to take 72+hours! Last time I did it it took about 3 hours if I'm
>> remembering correctly.

>Just updated this to a build from the 17th and there is no change. :(

That's a normal behaviour, both disks are compared and if there is
a difference, the data from the first disk is copied to the second.
That read/write pattern is slow on modern disks.

You can try to fail the disk again and restart reconstruction.

Or you can start without raid and copy the data manually. The
reconstruction that still starts when you configure the raid
will then just read both disks at normal speeds.

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost