Re: suspend-to-RAM intel-x86 issues and tests

Hi,

maya%netbsd.org@localhost wrote:
Better strategy: since we you have a machine that worked at some point,
you should try to bisect it. it's a somewhat tedious process of testing
~13 different kernels, but it is easier to do.

1. do a full clone of the netbsd git mirror:
git clonehttps://github.com/netbsd/src
git checkout 219a1cc39c1610407f456c7a08a21d6e951cfb1c # netbsd-8 branch

Do a build of this and confirm it works.

I don't have a setup to build there, I am trying RelEng kernels.
I could use those to bisect - but I have worse news. Even NetBSD 8 release is actually unreliable. So it did work, but I tried again and got a black screen... so it is not a repeatable reference.
Darn :) Would have made things easier.

As you say - it might make sense to work on the ThinkPad which spits out at least a trace, the invalid TSS.

Any further ideas?

If somebody has a specific clue for a driver to disable on any of these three test systems, just tell me!

Riccardo