Re: BSD disklabel partition letters in NetBSD

> I guess you can have NetBSD and FreeBSD using different partitions but
> the same disklabel

I don’t think this is possible. At least I remember reading here that FreeBSD’s disklabel is in a different place then the NetBSD’s disklabel and that NetBSD would unintentionally overwrite FreeBSD’s disklabel. (This seems to imply that the FreeBSD disklabel is not in the FreeBSD MBR partition, but I’m not sure about that).

Thanks,

Jason M.

Sent from my iPhone