Re: suspend-to-RAM intel-x86 issues and tests

Hi David,

David Brownlee wrote:
So I conclude that having the system mounted on USB causes issues (which
manifests themselves slightly different on different computers) and
while it probably should work, it is not a test and adds more issues.
Would it be make sense to try booting a CD install image on some of
the machines (to avoid the USB) issue?

for those machines which have an optical drive, I can do so! To help NetBSD improve, this and more.

Would using the install CD enough to test an ACPI suspend? is it enabled at all? Install CDs though do not usually enable DRM console, which is often a problematic component in sleep.

In any case, three ThinkPads have netbsd8 release on it, so testing is easier and they exhibit issues: T30, R51 and T43 (the latter with a regression compared to release). SO perhaps it is best fixing those first, before attempting more delicate work on others.

For some tests I could even swap Hard Disk, it is just a bit cumbersome.

Riccardo