NetBSD - binary package upgrade on 6.1.5

Hi,

I have an old system which is running 6.1.5. The installed packages on it were mixed and obsolete. Being slow and with little ram, I thought that upgrading everything with binary packages would be the best bet.

I learned about the existence of pkg_chk -b -u and it sounded perfect!

As a repository I used:

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/i386/6.1.5/All/

The effect is a bit a disaster:

Missing: devel/apr devel/apr-util sysutils/dbus textproc/icu www/serf devel/apr devel/apr-util sysutils/dbus textproc/icu www/serf devel/atk devel/cmake devel/glib2 devel/gobject-introspection devel/pango devel/subversion-base editors/emacs24 editors/vim-gtk2 fonts/harfbuzz graphics/cairo-gobject graphics/gdk-pixbuf2 graphics/librsvg lang/clang multimedia/gst-plugins0.10-base multimedia/gstreamer0.10 net/libIDL sysutils/desktop-file-utils textproc/libcroco textproc/xmlrpc-c wm/windowmaker www/seamonkey x11/gtk2

and, indeed most of these packages do not exist: some of them are "important" like icu, subversion-base, clang

I checked also in older builds and it is missing in 6.1.x

Interestingly I checked here:

http://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/i386/6.0_2017Q4/All/

And some of the packages I am missing were recently built for 6.0 (e.g. subversion-base, seamonkey). Why not for 6.1.x?

Do you think I can mix 6.0 and 6.1 up? I still do miss windowmaker, clang and icu. though

Second, I bumped into a problem I have seen other have issues with: upgrading of osabi and x11-links fails, because it says that I have a different platform than the host it was built on. No solution for this? I even thought: fine, let me build osabi from source and try upgrading again, but still pkg_chk would want to upgrade (actually, downgrade) my freshly built osabi package.

Cheers,

Riccardo