Re: NetBSD on Amazon EC2

hi guys...  this is apparently happening across the board on aws with all netbsds. i have a couple of production machines and a couple a test ones. one of the test ones were restarted by aws and now unreachable. the logs show the root partition can not be loaded. kernel problems. this is most likely due to them updating their underlying xen layer...    i'm in panic because i can not imagine what would happened if they decide to restart one of the production systems...

on the official netbsd aws page at https://wiki.netbsd.org/amazon_ec2/amis/ on the bottom says: "Last edited 1 year and 11 months ago"...

my question is will netbsd actively produce aws images or should i just go straight to fbsd and forget netbsd for the future...

if anybody has any answer/reply it'll be really appreciated...

thanks...

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 3:05 PM, Eric Haszlakiewicz <hawicz+nb%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 4, 2017 at 9:40 AM, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> Please check the following thread:
>
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2017/10/23/msg009097.html
>
> Chavdar Ivanov

Well, that's certainly not promising for my chances of getting my VM
back up and running soon. :(
(http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2017/10/23/msg009104.html)

However, I'm not sure I'm even getting as far as the problem described
in that thread.  Looking at the console log when booting a linux OS
image, it seems that the messages about "feature-barrier" and
"feature-barrier-cache" are non-fatal.
I'm wondering whether whatever the default AKI that is used now just
doesn't support loading our kernel now.  hmm...

Eric