Re: Cannot login via xdm after fresh install

On Sun, 17 Sep 2017 21:56:39 +0000
Chavdar Ivanov <ci4ic4%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> One small addition to the previous - after taking a checkpoint and
> shutting the session manager out - which is just a logout - on the
> next login I got xconsole running, but with a login prompt. Had to
> set 'console' to 'off' and 'constty' to 'on' in /etc/ttys.

Good to hear this is fixed in the next version, hopefully
with the kinks you mention smoothed out.

There are also other ways setting up X11 could be made a bit
simpler besides enabling xdm. An immediate concern to anyone not
American would be having the keyboard layout preference set
in the installer to be passed to X11, by creating or modifying
a xorg.conf file.

Erkki