Re: pkgin with NetBSD 8.0_BETA

On Thu, Sep 7, 2017 at 7:45 AM, Greg Troxel <gdt%lexort.com@localhost> wrote:

> George Georgalis <george%galis.org@localhost> writes:
>
>> Not sure if I'm doing something wrong or if this relates to _BETA.
>
> I would not be surpised by some rough edges around 8.0 pre-release.

Thanks for the breakout, trying to work out the best way to smooth the
ride. Indeed, I had a kernel derived 8.0 ${PKG_PATH}/pkgin and a
personal pkgin configuration script hard coded the (7.0.2) repository,
artifacts trying to reliably derive it in the past.

Today, an invalid repositories.conf.example is installed as part of
pkg_add ${PKG_PATH}/pkgin

ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/pkgsrc/packages/NetBSD/$arch/8.99.1/All

Why? it is unclear when that repository would ever be valid. Could the
pkgin install derive and setup a functional configuration, as a best
(better) guess? Or, Is it possible to identify a PKG_PATH scheme that
is reliable across the various (pre-)releases, at least for kernels
that have compatible binaries available?

-George

--
George Georgalis, (415) 894-2710, http://www.galis.org/