Re: Error starting lxde

Hello Ivan,
(I'm also cc'ing Youri who's maintaining lxde)

"Ivan \"Rambius\" Ivanov" writes:
> [...]
> I think most of those issues are caused by the fact that lxde uses its
> default locations of /etc/xdg and /usr/share, instead of /usr/pkg/etc
> and /usr/pkg/share. Is there a way to fix that?
> [...]

Yes, I think so too. Yesterday on #netbsd@Freenode we have tried to
debug that and at the end adjusting that via environment variables
mostly did the trick (except for the window with `Could not connect: No
such file or directory' error opened when starting LXDE).

The following ~/.xinitrc workaround these problems:

 #!/bin/sh

 export XDG_CONFIG_DIRS=/usr/pkg/etc/xdg
 export XDG_DATA_DIRS=/usr/pkg/share
 startlxde

Youri, do you know if lxde needs to be adjusted or if other xdg
related packages are involved in that? And, do you also know if
gdm or other display managers sets that themself? (I'm also a bit
curious why it wasn't spotted previously!)