Re: NetBSD 7.1 i386 on Virtualbox (fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode)

Rodolfo Edgar <sololistasdecorreo%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:

>>> Is not necesary,  because I can run 32 bits machines, currently have
>>> my real machine is a Notebook compaq 610, I have operating system 64
>>> bits, my guest all are 32 bits operating system, I have FreeBSD and
>>> others 32 bits, it's works, but NetBSD 32 bits nothing :(
>>
>> What do you mean by "is not necessary"?  Do you have VT-x enabled or
>> not?
>
> My machine don't support VT-x, is intel, but i can run 32 bits
> operating system as FreeBSD 32 bits, GNU/Linux 32 bits, but NetBSD
> nothing :(

Without VT-x enabled VirtualBox fails to run NetBSD by default.  This
is a VirtualBox limitation, it cannot correctly handle some low-level
kernel code that NetBSD uses.  IIRC, using --recompile-supervisor flag
should help in this case.

-uwe