Re: rc and login classes

Sorry for top post, this mua sucks.

Look at rc.subr. it calls su to start the daemon. Look at the manual for rc.subr I think there are some variables you could add to the rc.d script to change the behavior.

Sent from BlueMail
On Jul 7, 2017, at 1:50 AM, Alexander Nasonov <alnsn%yandex.ru@localhost> wrote:
Edgar Pettijohn wrote:
did you:
# cap_mkdb /etc/login.conf

Yes, I did run it.

My understaning is that the tor process doesn't move to the "tor"
login class when switching a user. As a result, I can't restart it
when I login as root. I have to set the login class with su -c like
this:

# su -c tor root /etc/rc.d/tor restart
I think that will just run the script /etc/rc.d/tor as class tor, not
actually start the daemon as class tor.

Daemon inherits the class from /etc/rc.d/tor, doesn't it?

I'm not a su expert, but perhaps try the following and see what happens.

su -c tor root /path/to/tor

Sure, starting tor manually like this will work.