rc and login classes

Another issue on my server was trying to start a service (tor relay in
my case) with a low limit on open files in the default login class.

The relay starts as root but then it swiches to user "tor". I set the
login class of the tor user to "tor" which further extends a limit of
the daemon class. Both have big enough limit.

My understaning is that the tor process doesn't move to the "tor"
login class when switching a user. As a result, I can't restart it
when I login as root. I have to set the login class with su -c like
this:

	# su -c tor root /etc/rc.d/tor restart

But somehow the relay starts fine at boot time. Is it because rc
is run with the daemon login class at boot?

--
Alex