Re: dhclient dies during startup

Hi Alex and list.

On Mon, Jun 5, 2017 at 10:33 PM, Alexander Nasonov <alnsn%yandex.ru@localhost> wrote:
> Hans dinsen-hansen wrote:
>>
>> Emails die during compose???
> Please describe your setup, include your config files, etc.
>
> --
> Alex

I expect that the line "Emails die during compose???" covers the
original of my message!  I can resend it if you want.

I can give you my  /etc/rc.conf:
#    $NetBSD: rc.conf,v 1.96 2000/10/14 17:01:29 wiz Exp $
#
# see rc.conf(5) for more information.
#
# Use program=YES to enable program, NO to disable it. program_flags are
# passed to the program on the command line.
#

# Load the defaults in from /etc/defaults/rc.conf (if it's readable).
# These can be overridden below.
#
if [ -r /etc/defaults/rc.conf ]; then
    . /etc/defaults/rc.conf
fi

# If this is not set to YES, the system will drop into single-user mode.
#
rc_configured=YES

# Add local overrides below
#
rtclocaltime=YES
bind=YES
wscons=YES
wsmoused=YES
dhclient=YES
ntpdate=YES        ntpdate_hosts="ntp.gal.dk gps.dix.dk"
#dag=`date +'%b %e'`
#/usr/bin/fgrep ntpdate /var/log/messages | \
#        /usr/bin/fgrep -q "$dag" && ntpdate=NO
#unset dag
# Add local overrides below
#
famd=NO
kdm=YES
nasd=NO
dbus=NO
avahidaemon=NO
hal=NO
slpd=NO
dirmngr=NO
mysqld=NO
gdm=NO

the part
        #dag=`date +'%b %e'`
        #/usr/bin/fgrep ntpdate /var/log/messages | \
        #        /usr/bin/fgrep -q "$dag" && ntpdate=NO
        #unset dag
has been hidden, because I thought that it was delaying too much and
thus provoked dhclient to timeout.  It did not help!

Have you other questions about my setup?

Kind regards
    Hans