Re: installboot command failed

On Sat, 28 Jan 2017, the wise D'Arcy Cain wrote:

Christos' suggestion is a good idea anyway. I struggled for a long time with an install on a drive that previously had Linux on it. I can't remember why I suddenly had the idea to zero the drive (I just did the whole thing) but installation worked fine after that.

Maybe we should add that command to the start of our install program.

On my laptop there was an old Windows version. After some googling I found out that this has something to do with differences of bootblocks between os's.

During installation I indicated to use the entire disk and wipe everything on it. So it seems a good idea to me to put something in the installer to zero everything, or give an ok to use the -f option.

Regards,
Marco

--
All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.