Re: installboot command failed

On 2017-01-28 08:01 AM, Marco Beishuizen wrote:
On Fri, 27 Jan 2017, the wise Christos Zoulas wrote:
Can you try zeroing out the beginning of the disk manually from the
shell?

$ dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/rwd0d count=10

I decided to write the complete failed command on a piece of paper and
added the -f option, and entered this in the root shell. After this
installation worked.

Thanks for the help anyway.

Christos' suggestion is a good idea anyway. I struggled for a long time with an install on a drive that previously had Linux on it. I can't remember why I suddenly had the idea to zero the drive (I just did the whole thing) but installation worked fine after that.

Maybe we should add that command to the start of our install program.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/ IM:darcy%Vex.Net@localhost