Setting up IPv6

Hello,

   I'm setting up some systems with IPv6 and have some beginner's
questions.  I've mostly been following
http://www.netbsd.org/docs/network/ipv6/

   The specific problem I'm having is that hosts aren't being assigned
an IPv6 address.  (Using RA's).

   The router has a re0 interface which is connected to the ISP, and
four wm[0-3] interfaces.  wm0 is the interface I'm using for the "LAN".
I.e.

                          +- host1
            router        |
   ISP <-> (re0) (wm0) <--+- host2

                          +- host3

   The router setup was very easy; in rc.conf:

ip6mode="router"
rtadvd=yes
rtadvd_flags="wm0"
rtsold=no

dhcpcd=YES
dhcpcd_flags="--ipv6only -qM re0"

   Booting this causes system to come up with a public IPv6 address
along side the link-local IPv6 address.  "ping6 netbsd.org" works fine
on the router.

   The host isn't assigned an IPv6 address; first issue I encountered
was that, on the host, net.inet6.ip6.accept_rtadv wasn't set to 1.
(rtsol explicitly said RA's aren't supported by the kernel, so that was
easily fixed).

   Running "ndp -a" on the host shows that it's aware of the router's
wm0 interface (and its fe80:: address), and the router is aware of the host.

   The relevant part of the hosts /etc/rc.conf:

ip6mode="autohost"
dhcpcd=YES

   (There's a dhcpd running on the router for IPv4).

   The FAQ seems to indicate that in autohost mode, the host will
automagically be assigned an address and default router, but that
doesn't appear to happen -- the host only has its link-local address.
(IPv4 works though, so there's no issue with the physical layer).

   I have several hosts on the network; NetBSD, Windows 10, Linux
(Ubuntu 16.04) and even an IPv6 capable printer -- none of which are
assigned a global IPv6 address; so I'm pretty sure the issue is on the
router.

   The wm0 interface only has a link-local IPv6 address -- do I need to
manually assign it a static address?

--
Kind Regards,
Jan