Re: Fwd: pkg_add not working

On Thu, 27 Oct 2016, Saurav Sachidanand wrote:
Does'nt work with http either. Also, I'm running NetBSD on VirtualBox
on OS X El Capitan, if that's relevant.

I'm not sure why you are having the issue with pkg_add, but I can say I've had lots of intermittent problems along the same lines a long time ago. It worked occasionally, but was just too flakey and I just gave up started using 'pkgin' (pkgsrc/pkgtools/pkgin) as soon as it came out.

The bonus is that you will be able to use 'pkgin' to search for packages after doing an update with it.

Thanks,
  Swift