locking crash using coda

It looks like there is a problem with the locking when using coda with a
-current updated a few hours ago.  If I try to list the /coda directory
with venus (the userland daemon part of coda) then I get this panic:

panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "VOP_ISLOCKED(vp)" failed: file
"../../../../ufs/ufs/ufs_readwrite.c", line 165
fatal breakpoint trap in supervisor mode...

the handcrafted bt goes as follows:

ffs_bufrd()
ufs_readdir()
VOP_READDIR()
coda_readdir()
VOP_READDIR()
vn_readdir()
sys___getdents30()

Guessing that the coda readdir is not holding a lock it should when
calling the underlying file store?

--
Brett Lymn