Re: dhclient fails for iwn0 when no security

I had a similar experience with the wireless network provided by a motel
in the U.S.  I tried a number of different systems and interfaces:
rtw(4) in Lemote YeeLoong, run(4) on Lemote YeeLoong and IBM Thinkcentre,
ath(4) on IBM ThinkPad A31p.  All were running NetBSD 7.0_STABLE, except
the Lemote Yeeloong, which was running whatever was -current as of mid-
April 2016.

The motel's wireless was using plain old 128-bit WEP and while I could
associate with an access point, DHCP requests were not answered.  I tried
both default 'dhcpcd' and 'dhclient'.

I dug out my PowerBook G4 667MHz with MacOS X 10.4.11 on it and it was
able to get an address without any problem.

I've stayed at this same motel location every year for the last several
years and it has always worked until this year.  The desk clerk claimed
there have been no changes to their system, but indicated that some
clients using laptops "just can't connect" (and implied that smartphone
users do not have any problem).