Re: A Web Interface for Apropos: http://man-k.org

On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 7:47 PM, Timo Buhrmester <fstd.lkml%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
>> I would appreciate any feedback that you might have to improve it :)
> What I find mildly annoying is that when it says "Did you mean xyz?",
> it really means "I'm going to pretend you meant xyz and hey, I'll even
> update the search box to what you most certainly meant".
 Heh, it does that only when there were no results found with that
particular query. I assumed if people misspelled something they will
most probably end up typing that query and searching again, so  I
automated it. I guess I was wrong.
Your suggestion makes sense, I will change that behaviour.

> I for one prefer to see no results when searching for something that
> doesn't exist, over getting results for something that I might have
> meant, but probably haven't.  (For example, I searched for sndiod
> (OpenBSD's sound I/O daemon) just to see whether OpenBSD man pages are
> there yet; it assumed I meant "rndio" and gave me rnd(4)).
>
> Of course, I do NOT mind the system suggesting the possible correction
> for me to accept or ignore; i.e. "Did you mean xyz?" could be a link.
>
> Other than that, good work!

Thank you :-)

--
Abhinav