Re: No network interface if acpi enabled [Was ath0: cannot map register space]

On Sun, Feb 14, 2016 at 11:14:42AM +0530, Mayuresh wrote:
> I have an old laptop where I am trying out NetBSD 7.0 i386.
>
> Get the following information about the wifi device:
>
> #dmesg | grep ath0
> ath0 at pci2 dev 0 function 0: Atheros 5424/2424
> ath0: cannot map register space
>
> Interface ath0 is not created due to above error.

I realize, if I disable acpi the interface gets created.

I realize, with acpi enabled even ethernet interface wasn't getting
created either, which got created with acpi disabled.

Can we say the problem is not ath specific, but something to do with acpi
and networking? And how do we go about it?

Mayuresh