Re: vxlan and/or otv users out there?

Hi.

On 2016/02/09 0:24, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:
Dear list,

I know that this question is not NetBSD specific per see, but I am aware that some of you out there have implemented and used vxlan-like technologies to extend networks at L2. Some have worked on it with rump [1].

$DAYJOB is currently investigating using these kind of technologies (mostly: vxlan or otv) to extent "seamlessly" L2 networks between two "zones", but as I have never used such protocols I am bit at a loss here, especially on the administrativia stuff.

If any of you used or use it and is willing to share (privately or not) his opinion on these, I will gladly take it, especially for things at a larger scale than what I could achieve on my small test bench. I am bit wary of L2 extension protocols when it regards scalability of the infrastructure, specifically for large networks (I guess that an alternative to STP needs to be used here?).

Thanks :)

[1] https://www.netbsd.org/gallery/presentations/goda/2015_AsiaBSDCon/development_of_vxlan_using_rumpkernel.pdf

 The author said he would make patches for -current
before AsiaBSDCon 2016 :-|

                SAITOH Masanobu (msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost
                                 msaitoh%netbsd.org@localhost)