Re: Installing packages with wildcards

On Wed, 10 Feb 2016, coypu%SDF.ORG@localhost wrote:
If you are me, you hate installing all the gstreamer plugins one at a time.

Heck yea, I'm right there with you. Of course, I'd take it one step farther and call just about anything associated with Gnome annoying. I must be an alien, but if I am, I'm certain folks on my home planet do not immerse themselves in world-eating GUI-desktop environments. They have small bodies, oval shaped eyes, grey skin, and an abiding love for the CLI.

Nonetheless, I still get caught in the dependency trap and have to install them. The main reason: Pianobar.

# cd /usr/pkgsrc/ && printf '%s\n' ./multi*/gst-plugins1*/ \
 | xargs -I % sh -c 'cd %; make install; cd ../../'
I think it's pretty handy.

Yep. Works. Stored in my notes on installing Pianobar, now, too.

-Swift