Re: DSL/PPPoE reconnect

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 10:03:33PM +0100, Andreas Krey wrote:
> Why (and since when) does pppoe do reset the UP flag,
> and what I am supposed to do to avoid that?

It only does that after failing to connect to the access concentrator due
to authentication issues.

If it works on manual "ifconfig up" (without any further changes) your
provider probably had an internal temporary failure.

This behaviour should be configurable (or disabled automatically after a
connection has been established and authenticated once and no config
changes happend).

Martin