Re: isapnp(4) - how does it work on non-PnP machines?

> If not, I would suggest to add a /etc/boot.cfg command to reserve such
> a range and add a bootinfo descriptor for it.

That would be a flexible way to configure it and I'd favour it over an
even "uglier" dummy driver (but I can imagine it is much more work).

> Ugly, quite some work, and "is it really worth to do that in 2015" is the
> obvious question to answer beforehand.

The answer depends solely on perspective. I own old and also exotic
systems capable of running NetBSD (what I do and enjoy)...
Couldn't you ask "can we find an enthusiast to do that" instead? :)