Re: Please recommend office package on NetBSD

[snip]

   I've recently installed libreoffice4 from binaries on NetBSD7/amd64
   (too scared to try building libreoffice5 from sources) and I'm quite
   happy, even without a full set of fonts.

   --
   Ottavio

I went though the process of trying to build libreoffice a number of times
this year, basically with every quarter release of pkgsrc.  For NetBSD 6.x
and modular X none of the source packages of libreoffice have built in the
last year or so.  However, the Linux -bin package for libreoffice4 works
fine if you have the room for the rather modest suse Linux emulation
packages it wants.  For NetBSD 7.0 and xsrc for NetBSD 7.0, libreoffice5
will build from source without any issues, assuming you have the space for
the build as it will want something like 12G or so with the dependencies
and the time to wait.  I think it took about 24 hours or so on the build
VM I used.

I work at a small company for my day job and it is required that I be able
to read Microsoft docs from time to time.  The company is small enough,
however, that some of the cloud based office and productivity tools are
probably as popular which balanced it out, sort of... it just means I have
to also build Firefox which is also quite large.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS
http://anduin.eldar.org  - & -  http://anduin.ipv6.eldar.org [IPv6 only]