Re: upgrading 5.x to 6.1.5 or 7?

On 31/10/2015 12:16 AM, Greg Troxel wrote:

Ottavio Caruso <ottavio.caruso%googlemail.com@localhost> writes:

On 29 October 2015 at 22:27, Greg Troxel <gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
use pkgsrc/sysutils/etcmanage which has scripts to automate what you
describe, as well as merge /etc files.

Do you use it after installation or before?

I first register /etc files with etcmanage --import.
THen I use INSTALL-NetBSD to do the install, and as the last step it
runs etcmanage --update.

Ok, in pkgsrc/sysutils there is 4 "etc" managing tools :

etckeeper
etcmanage
etcupdate
etcutils

Which one(s) is recommended for going from 5.2 to 6 or 7?

Thank you again,

Carl