Re: If NetBSD can run Linux binaries, can it run Android apps?

On 1 October 2015 at 10:26, Julian H. Stacey <jhs%berklix.com@localhost> wrote:
> Hi, Reference:
>> From:         John Nemeth <jnemeth%cue.bc.ca@localhost>
>> Date:         Wed, 30 Sep 2015 18:04:55 -0700
>
> John Nemeth wrote:
>> On Sep 30, 11:04pm, Ottavio Caruso wrote:
>> } Subject: If NetBSD can run Linux binaries, can it run Android apps?
>>
>>      Not likely.
>>
>> } And if not, why not?
>>
>>      Android consists of a heck of a lot more then just a Linux kernel.
>>
>> }-- End of excerpt from Ottavio Caruso
>
> I was considering the same question today, but for FreeBSD,
> as I might need to try to extend support to a newer Adobe Acrobat, perhaps
> from Android. (My reason: http://berklix.com/~jhs/txt/ct600.html )
> I hope to avoid it though, Acrobat is loathsome.
>
> But it would be nice if the BSDs had ABI support for Android, is
> there a central mail list/ web page/ person that focuses
> discussion on that or a list of URLs ?
>
> Cheers,
> Julian
> --
> Julian Stacey, BSD Linux Unix C Sys Eng Consultant Munich http://berklix.com
>  Reply after previous text, like a play - Not before, which loses context.
>  Indent previous text with "> "         Insert new lines before 80 chars.
>  Send plain text, Not quoted-printable, Not HTML, Not ms.doc, Not base64.
>  http://space.stackexchange.com/questions/12135/is-water-on-mars-the-same-as-ea
> rth-water

I've heard unverified stories of people running Android-x86 in a
chroot under ChromeOS on a Chromebook.

If the above is true and if ChromeOS is indeed Linux, would it be
possible to install a Linux subset under /emul/linux and then chroot
into it?

Potentially this would be two chroots, one into /emul/linux, the other
under /emul/linux/android ?

Consider that it is possible to run a complete Debian subset under
Android. Why can't the opposite be true?

--
Ottavio