Re: Disabling mic at startup, was: How do I start mixerctl as first daemon?

On 28 September 2015 at 21:28, Ottavio Caruso
<ottavio2006-netbsd%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
> On 28 September 2015 at 19:39, Ottavio Caruso
> <ottavio2006-netbsd%yahoo.com@localhost> wrote:
>> I have this annoying problem with my Thinkpad.
>>
>> When the laptop boots, the microphone goes into a loop with the
>> speaker and emits a loud beep that scares the whole neighborhood.
>>
>> I've enable mixertcl in rc.conf, but it gets executed after all deamons.
>>
>> Can I alter the init sequence to make mixerctl start as first daemon?
>>

> I've realized that the microphone is started way before all daemons
> are started. In other words the mic is probed during the device
> discovery sequence (when the characters are green on the console).
>
> The built in mic is mapped by mixerctl as inputs.record2.
>
> Is there any way to map this entry to a driver, and if possible to
> manipulate it.
>
> My dmesg is here:
> http://pastebin.ca/raw/3177579

Answering my own question. The relevant line in dmesg appears to be:

hdafg0: ADC01 2ch: Mic In [Jack] [Built-In]

http://www.unix.com/man-page/netbsd/4/hdafg/

How do I tell the driver to be quiet?

--
Ottavio