Re: termcap issue

On Sat 29 Aug 2015 at 22:37:22 +0200, Havard Eidnes wrote:
> For those among us who rather fiercly wish to stick to the idea
> that the "rubout" key commonly found in the upper right area of
> the keyboard sends DEL, and who has many more machines than
> actively used desktops for logging in to those machines, this is
> going to be a major pain.  For the record, I use
>
> XTerm*backarrowKey:     true
> XTerm*backarrowKeyIsErase:      true
> XTerm*deleteIsDEL:      true
> XTerm*ttyModes: erase ^?

Well I actually have it exactly the other way around, but that still
causes problems in some cases, unless I'm very careful about setting it
everywhere :( I had my config set such that it should work when logging
in from various places, all of which had different screen sizes,
different keyboards, different X clients, and different ideas about what
should be the default erase character. So I had to decide for one or the
other and strongly enforce it.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'