Re: greylisting multiple mail servers, greylisting with SPF, challenge response

On Thu, Aug 27, 2015 at 02:16:45PM -0500, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
> I am curious if any of you still use greylisting?

Yes.

> I workaround these by adding individual IPs or blocks to my pf rules to
> bypass the spamd (so goes direct to mail server).

It sounds like you need a better greylisting software. I would recommend
"milter-greylist" which works with Sendmail and Postfix. It makes
whitelisting e.g. Microsoft's "outlook.com" very easy:

	#	Outlook.com
	racl whitelist domain .outbound.protection.outlook.com

> I can automate updating the pf whitelist table from DNS SPF records, but
> that doesn't help with unknown senders.

Not sure what you mean by that. But "milter-greylist" has builtin
SPF support.

	Kind regards

--
Matthias Scheler                                 https://zhadum.org.uk/