Re: Networking proves elusive with Qemu

On Mon, 24 Aug 2015, Andreas Gustafsson wrote:

Qemu's default NATed external Internet access uses a SLIRP-based user-mode networking stack that doesn't support ICMP, so ping is not expected to work. Try connecting to a TCP based service like http or ssh.

BINGO!

It never even DAWNED on me to try connecting by means other than ping! Don't even try to understand what a moron I feel like, but I am so happy I can now run NetBSD on this stupid $99 Staples refurb!!!

THANK YOU.

--
Bob Bernstein