Re: Has anybody resized a NTFS partition recently?

On August 15, 2015 10:55:10 PM EDT, Thomas Mueller <mueller6724%bellsouth.net@localhost> wrote:
>> Apparently Gparted now uses a newer version of libparted that is
>> causing problems.
>
>> Has anybody had any positive experiences lately?
>> Thanks
>> Ottavio
>
>I'd be scared to try it.
>
>I believe Gparted is a Linux distro.  At first, I thought you were
>referring to resizing an NTFS partition from NetBSD.
>
>I've never been able to read or write NTFS from NetBSD. I was able to
>build fuse-ntfs-3g for FreeBSD from ports, but failed in NetBSD with
>pkgsrc.
>
>For backing up, you could use an external hard drive, USB, or better
>yet, eSATA.
>
>I've been thinking about ordering a MicroNet Fantom external hard
>drive, would go for eSATA model.

Ages ago I used sysutils/ntfsprogs running on NetBSD to resize an NTFS volume and it went quite smoothly.  I haven't used gparted for this purpose, so I can comment on that.
Regardless of what you use, doing it w/o *some* kind of backup is playing with fire.

Eric